You truly exceeded our expectations and you delivered on exactly what our group needed (influence/persuasive presentation skills). Our eLearning Consultants are in a much better position to win because of your efforts. Thanks again for such a productive day and I look forward to working with you in the future.
Next Generation CPR Leadership – Where people feel connected, protected, and respected
- Exploring the 5 styles of Gen X /Y Managers/Leaders– (this is for all levels in the organization- we all have to manage and lead in our day to day roles)
- Discover the 8 keys to Managing Millennials (again not just for managers)
- Exploring differing communication styles and preferences
- Understanding Active Listening and how important it is in team dynamics
- Further discussion of team dynamics and how to increase engagement
- Managing like a performance coach- for all levels not just managers
- Discussing the ability to deal with challenges- such as, solving small problems before they become big problems
- Empowering Boomers with knowledge transfer- Passing the torc
- Overcoming the biases of own experiences
- Learning the key competencies that will help Millennials become great leaders
1. Executive Presence – How to Get It, Keep It, and Grow It
In today’s business world executive presence is essential for those who wishes to lead and influence others. Yet, with the trend leaning towards a more casual workplace many people mistakenly underestimate its importance.
Executive presence is a combination of certain qualities that successful leaders exhibit. You may have the experience and qualifications of a leader, but without executive presence, advancement/success is not guaranteed. Today professionals are appraised on their presence (how they act, speak, and look) as well as their performance. The good news is your don’t have to born with executive presence …the skills are learnable and you can transform your ability to connect, engage, and inspire others. All it takes is the willingness to be open and the time to invest in you.
- Gaining an understanding of what executive presence is and why it’s important
- Understanding how judgments are made
- Discovering fresh, insights on behaviors that may be holding them back
- Getting down to the reality on appearance, gravitas, authenticity, communication, trust, and confidence
- Focusing on presentation skills and style (if requested)
- Receiving a checklist that helps to identify the core areas of EP
- Developing a greater understanding of the power of emotional intelligence and how mastering this skill increases personal presence
2. Listen Up – Active Listening Including Cross-Generational Communications
Active Listening is one of the top skill sets required in 9 out of the 10 most in-demand jobs in the U.S. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting have to be taught.
Most people think of communication as the delivering of a message through speaking or writing and they overlook the equally important aspect of communications –Listening. Receiving requires listening- with both our EYES and our ears. Research tells us that we spend 45% of our time listening, but most of us are only 20% effective as listeners. Listening is the critical piece that can make or break your team’s success.
Many times the best solutions come from a collection of ideas from many individuals and that requires listening. This session will give participant simple tools and behaviors to help them gather information effectively and enhance their cross-generational communication.
- Seeing the value of engaged listening (the buy-in)
- Using their listening tool kit presented by presenter
- Suspending judgments
- Gaining awareness of non-verbal and voice tone cues
- Promoting cooperation and reduce conflict
- Having fun- lots of interactions- networking and relationship building